What Have I Been Up To Lately?

I've been up to a few things that haven't made it to this blog.

First, I've done a few conversion tools for converting Tranplan/INET to Voyager PT and back again.  These are open-source tools that are meant to help, but they may not be perfect (and I don't have the time to make sure they do).  If anyone wants to upload fixes, you'll get credit for it (but you have to let me know, as I think I have to allow that in Github).

Next, I've been heavily working on QC of my transit on-board survey.  This has resulted in some more work being uploaded to Github.  I've written some to assist in trying to figure out what I need to actually look at and what is probably okay enough to ignore.

I've seen some stuff come out of the Census related to an API, and I did post some example code to the CTPP listserve to help.  Since I didn't want to bog down some people with my code, I put it in a Gist (which is below).

This code will get Census data using their API and chart it.  Note that you have to install PyGTK All-In-One to make it work.  Of course, mind the items that Krishnan Viswanathan posted to the Listserve - they help make sense of the data!

I'm also working on an ArcMap add-in that will help with QC-ing data that has multiple elements.  It is on Github, but currently unfinished.  This is something for advanced users.

I will have a few tips coming for some Cube things I've done recently, but those will be for another blog post.  With that, I will leave with the first publicly-available video I've ever posted to YouTube.  Of a traffic signal malfunction.  I'm sure Hollywood will start calling me to direct the next big movie any day now... 🙂

Tags: ,

Comments from Other Sites

Comments are closed.