I haven't worked in R in several days because I've been working on a new project that will assist with getting good transit speed curves from highway data. The project is in Java and is on my Github page.
I'm working on making part of it multi-threaded, which is new to me.
A second project that is still in my mind (and I'm not sure if this will become part of this one or another separate project) will be to use transit GPS traces to get good trip length frequencies on transit.
I stumbled on a problem that seems to have no easy answer. Working on the count stations layer here at the office, I found that we had a small number of points that weren't located in the GIS feature class, although we DO have X and Y coordinates for them.
Since searching on Google turned up nothing, I wrote my own solution. Since I already had some Java code to look for selected features and get to the actual features, I copied that code into a new project and made a few modifications. Those modifications are posted on Github. Even better, I actually used a few comments in this one! 🙂
I've been up to a few things that haven't made it to this blog.
First, I've done a few conversion tools for converting Tranplan/INET to Voyager PT and back again. These are open-source tools that are meant to help, but they may not be perfect (and I don't have the time to make sure they do). If anyone wants to upload fixes, you'll get credit for it (but you have to let me know, as I think I have to allow that in Github).
Next, I've been heavily working on QC of my transit on-board survey. This has resulted in some more work being uploaded to Github. I've written some to assist in trying to figure out what I need to actually look at and what is probably okay enough to ignore.
I've seen some stuff come out of the Census related to an API, and I did post some example code to the CTPP listserve to help. Since I didn't want to bog down some people with my code, I put it in a Gist (which is below).
I'm also working on an ArcMap add-in that will help with QC-ing data that has multiple elements. It is on Github, but currently unfinished. This is something for advanced users.
I will have a few tips coming for some Cube things I've done recently, but those will be for another blog post. With that, I will leave with the first publicly-available video I've ever posted to YouTube. Of a traffic signal malfunction. I'm sure Hollywood will start calling me to direct the next big movie any day now... 🙂