I stumbled on a problem that seems to have no easy answer. Working on the count stations layer here at the office, I found that we had a small number of points that weren't located in the GIS feature class, although we DO have X and Y coordinates for them.
Since searching on Google turned up nothing, I wrote my own solution. Since I already had some Java code to look for selected features and get to the actual features, I copied that code into a new project and made a few modifications. Those modifications are posted on Github. Even better, I actually used a few comments in this one! 🙂
I've been up to a few things that haven't made it to this blog.
First, I've done a few conversion tools for converting Tranplan/INET to Voyager PT and back again. These are open-source tools that are meant to help, but they may not be perfect (and I don't have the time to make sure they do). If anyone wants to upload fixes, you'll get credit for it (but you have to let me know, as I think I have to allow that in Github).
Next, I've been heavily working on QC of my transit on-board survey. This has resulted in some more work being uploaded to Github. I've written some to assist in trying to figure out what I need to actually look at and what is probably okay enough to ignore.
I've seen some stuff come out of the Census related to an API, and I did post some example code to the CTPP listserve to help. Since I didn't want to bog down some people with my code, I put it in a Gist (which is below).
I'm also working on an ArcMap add-in that will help with QC-ing data that has multiple elements. It is on Github, but currently unfinished. This is something for advanced users.
I will have a few tips coming for some Cube things I've done recently, but those will be for another blog post. With that, I will leave with the first publicly-available video I've ever posted to YouTube. Of a traffic signal malfunction. I'm sure Hollywood will start calling me to direct the next big movie any day now... 🙂